Wednesday, May 16, 2012

A New "Normal"

     I have the incredible privileged to spend the next 3 months with these two guys from Bangladesh, Shahadat and Aziz. We share bunks, a bathroom and kitchen among many other things, which has produced few problems despite our cultural differences. They are also part of my SLS (Surfers Leadership School) team, which is a pretty rad opportunity. I feel so blessed to be able to share my life and grow with these two guys. They lead a group of youth back in Bangladesh teaching them how to surf, give back to the community as well as water-safety training and various other things. They are entrepreneurs and dreamers and incredibly talented men.

     Living in such a diverse community stretches you daily as almost 20 different countries and even more cultures are represented here at STN. But for all the ways I am stretched I am grown. I am given a new perspective on what is "normal," on value systems, time constraints, priorities, diet, success, failure, the definition of the word "clean" and the list goes on! What an opportunity I have been given to see the diversity of our great planet, the love the Father has for so many and how uniquely we have been created.   

No comments:

Post a Comment