Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Adventure

     My second weekend here I took off into the peeks of Oahu with my SLS team. It was a time for bonding, and vision, but mostly for training and preparation for our "Big Adventure." Part of the program completion requirement for this leadership training course is the completion of a 5 day hike surviving off of limited resources except for what is provided by the land. We will depend mostly on gathering and fishing for our sustenance. These adventures take place every term on different islands. This term we have the huge opportunity to go to the back side of the island of Molokai. A place that can only be accessed by boat and less than a hundred Haole people (white people) have ever had the opportunity to visit. It is a piece of Hawaiian history. 
     
      I am beyond stoked to go out and encounter the Lord in this landscape and for what he will do in and through us on this adventure. My knowledge of the program and what will take place is limited at this point but I will be sure to keep you updated upon my return. We go for a week at the end of this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment