Friday, May 11, 2012

The Beautiful Faces Of Ohai St.

      One of the first things I did upon my arrival back to Ohai St. was to run down and say hey to these incredible faces that I have missed so much. I was greeted warmly, carrying most of them around on my shoulders and in my arms the rest of the evening. 

     Pictured on the left is Stewart. He is 6. I love this boy. We really connected this Fall and I am amped to be able to spend the next year with him. I know the Lord has great things planned for Stewart's life and my prayer is that in these early years he will come to understand how desperately he is loved by his Heavenly Father.

     Get used to seeing this face around here.


      Here on the right are Lillyanta and Cavon. All these kids are hard not to love. These guys, along with their sisters, just moved off of our street to Kalihi (outside Honolulu) to live with family because they couldn't afford their rent. We were devastated to see them go, but they are still attending school in Wahiawa, our after school program (Ulu Pono) for the time being, and have family still on our street so we still get to see them. And when that changes we will be making trips into town to see them. This move has pushed me over the edge to get a car out here. I believe that these relationships are too important to let a short drive end. So I am praying the Lord will provide. Please pray with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment